Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A taste of Ultimate Frisbee
INQUIRER.net 05/20/08
Posted under Sport, Ultimate Frisbee, Videos By Erika Tapalla



I HAVE to admit, for the longest time, the first image that usually enters my head whenever I see a Frisbee would be a topless stud flicking the disc to his beautiful golden retriever named Lassie, trained to, yes, “retrieve” that disc for a rewarding rub on the head on a warm day out in the park. But recently, I realized that image was completely off for two reasons. One: the Frisbee, or “disc” as they call it, isn’t just for the Lassies and their masters. And two: It actually takes skill to catch those plastic discs as they soar and trick you as to which direction they’re actually headed. Believe it or not, it’s not as charming as it looks. I should know.

Read more at Inquire.net Blogs

No comments: