Friday, May 23, 2008

The World’s Easiest Guide To Understanding Retirement Accounts
by Ramit Sethi

I want to be clear about something: I’m sincerely interested in doing less and less work as I go through my life. That’s why I’m always puzzled when I meet people on a career path that will have them working more, not less. That’s like being a real-life Mario Brother, where every progressive level you beat means your life gets harder. Why would you do it?

This is why retirement accounts are one of the best investment tools I’ll write about on this site. I’ll go into the details in a minute, but first let’s dispense with some of the reasons that most of us haven’t done anything about our retirement accounts yet:

  • “Retirement is too far away”
  • “I don’t have any extra money to save right now”
  • “I don’t have time right now
  • ” ” (haven’t thought about it at all)
Read more at I Will Teach You To Be Rich

No comments: